Who doesn’t love chocolate but many people are not so sure about raw Cacao ( chocolate in its purest form) .
There are so many health benefits of cacao which include
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries. Raw Organic Cacao has over 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. …
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron. …
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain. …
- More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk. …
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant.
So that should convince everyone who is serious about eating some healthy food.
But it also tastes wonderful. It is true that after time our tastebuds can be retrained to not expect something really sweet. But there are lots of healthy alternatives, natural sugars can be used for example .
The raw vegan brownie cake above is truly delicious and as exotic as any other brownie around.
For the recipe we used
For the brownie
- 3 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups pitted dates (presoaked and strained*)
- ¾ cup of a good raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or a raw liquid sweetener, like agave, etc.)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tbs of organic vanilla essence or pod ground
- ⅛ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of Raw Gorilla Original crispies crunched up some that there are not clusters. ( all our products are 20% for #veganuary on our shop www.rawgorilla.co.uk/shop)
- Some hazelnuts
For the topping
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or a raw liquid sweetener, like agave, etc.)
- 2 tsp of vanilla pod ground up
You can add some orange zest and even decorate with Cacao and Orange Munchies. We decorated with more raw choc and some clusters of Original crispies.
How to make.
Raw food is easy, its about the preparation.
1.Mix everything together in food processor, mixing as opposed to cutting as you want crunchy bits of original crispies to remain. May sure it is even mixed.
2. Put into a tin (s) and press down to make smooth. Put into freezer for two hours.
3. Mix in a bowl the topping . This takes a while to get it smooth.
4. Take out the cake. Put a knife around the edge carefully, and put onto a plate. Pour the topping on. Keep in the fridge. Before serving pop the extras on, we chose Clusters of Original Crispies, raw chocolate and some fruit on the edge.